Should I be worried if Ryan does not "coo" like Matthew? He squeals sometimes, but is mostly pretty quiet, whereas Matthew coos, squeals, talks and whines a lot more. The pediatrician's visit got me thinking about this...
Anyway, the boys are four months old now! We started them out on rice cereal the other night and it was a disaster. I think we waited way too long and the boys were way too hungry to try something new. Plus, it didn't look like it tasted very good. So last night we tried again, with a tiny bit of applesauce in it to sweeten it up. We had mixed results this time. Matthew seemed to like it, after getting over the spoon issue, but Ryan hated it again. Everything we put in was spit back out. At least it ended up on the bib and not in my face. So I guess we will try oatmeal with Ryan and keep Matthew on rice for now, just to make sure he doesn't have a reaction. Hopefully Ryan will like the oatmeal! I am really hoping they start to sleep longer soon!
So... once they are eating the cereal, do I continue to limit the amount they eat to 1-1.5 TBSP of cereal? When can they eat more? Do they make a "Raising kids for dummies" book? I have so many questions!! :)
Sep 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

4 comments on " Questions ~ September 9, 2009 "
Just remember all kids develop at their OWN rate. There is no right or wrong time. With food I would give them some and if they like it give them more. You just have to make sure they don't over eat or they will throw it up. Good luck
I might be doing this wrong, but Evan is my 3rd and the other boys have turned out ok so far . . . anyway, I feed him cereal until he starts to fuss. As soon as he gets cranky I stop the feeding. That could mean 1 tbs or 3 . . . I don't bother to measure. I have no idea how much ends up in his belly as opposed to his bib. Good luck! And welcome to MWDSBRS. We need a theme song!
About Matthew cooing and Ryan not - I once heard that with twins one is typically more vocal and the other tends to be more of a listener. Not sure if this is true or not. I wouldn't worry too much though. All babies are different!
As for the rice cereal - Gianna and Sicilia both hated it. Gianna liked all foods (except for rice cereal), but Sicilia is very picky - she only likes one type of baby food and it takes forever to get her to eat. I don't know how much is considered "right" to feed babies - I do what Mommy Blogger does - I feed her until she starts to fuss or refuse the spoon. Hope this helps!
All my children are grown.According to my daughter and daughter-in-law I did EVERYTHING wrong. LOL I gave all my children rice cereal from the time they came home from the hospital. I put a small amount in their bottles usually just before I wanted them to take a good long sleep.
Isn't wonderful that there are so many ways to raise babies. You just don't have to worry about doing it wrong.
Post a Comment